Madrid Premium Small Group Tours
Toledo City Tour & Heritage Farm House visit by 4WD with Lunch from Madrid (FD)
- Discover Toledo, a medieval city declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO, accompanied by our official guide
- Behold the Gothic Primate Cathedral
- Unearth Imperial Toledo and its Jewish Quarter
- Make a stop at a cloistered convent and meet the nuns living there (Private visit)
- Savour the Toledan marzipan, a home-made dessert created to a centuries-old recipe
- Take a 4WD-truck tour of a 12000-acre farmstead that belongs to the Spanish royal family and discover its flora and fauna
- Enjoy a Local Lunch with Iberian ham & wine
- Savour the sheep's cheese and olive oil produced at the farmstead
79.99 € per person
Duration: 09:00hBook online now
We will leave Madrid heading towards the beautiful Imperial city of Toledo, declared a World Heritage by UNESCO. Toledo is one of the oldest cities in Europe with buildings that mix architectural styles including Arabic, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque, also it is called the “city of the three cultures” since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together here. The great painter El Greco lived in Toledo in the sixteenth century.
Immerse yourself with our official expert guide and enter the heart of Toledo, visit the Jewish Quarter and the area of the convents, with stories and legends that will trace back to the centuries before the Muslim conquest. We will discover the most emblematic places of the city, its history, its corners and anecdotes, and its main monuments such as the Cathedral of Toledo, which architecture is a wonderful example of the Spanish Gothic style
After spending the morning in Toledo, we will head out to the Finca El Castañar farmstead, located in the Montes de Toledo mountain range, just one hour from Madrid.
The farmstead and estate offer a unique range of possibilities that cannot be found elsewhere, for those who enjoy observing nature and wildlife.
We will start by relishing a tasting session, trying Iberian wines and products made on the farmstead following traditional methods. These methods, together with feeding the Iberian pigs with acorns from the farm itself, the climate and the degree of humidity, are essential elements giving the products an exceptional quality.
Then, accompanied by our professional guide in an open-top 4WD truck we will take a tour of the “Conde de Mayalde” fighting livestock, and visit the fauna and flora of the farmstead with second-to-none environmental quality.
The tour will feature Iberian pigs, Manchega sheep, olive groves and the vineyards of the Finca El Castañar farmstead.
This unique spot is ideal for traditional hunting in which the hunters continue set up as per the tradition described in the King Alfonso 11th Book of Hunting, and all hunters can enjoy vast open hunting zones.
At the end, we will enjoy a traditional lunch in the Farmhouse. The menu includes Iberian ham, one of the jewels of the Spanish pantry. We will also be able to taste other Iberian products such as chorizo and loin. All of this comes accompanied by Manchego sheep’s cheese and virgin olive oil.
After the lunch, you will return to the centre of Madrid in a comfortable minibus, where your guide will be able to recommend things to do during the rest of your stay.
09:00am – Welcoming by Official Expert Guide
10:00am – Arrival to Toledo – Walking tour – Inside the neighborhoods of the old town and Jewish quarter
11:30am – Free time or Visit to Toledo`s Cathedral from Inside (Upgrade option) (1 hr)
12:30pm – Departure to Farm “El Castañar”
01:00pm – Arrival to Farm – Lunch time: Traditional Iberian food and typical wines
02:15pm – Countryside trip on 4WD Truck
04:00pm – Return to Madrid
05:00pm – Finish at We Madrid Shop
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
- You are kindly requested to inform of any nutritional requirement (diet, allergies, etc.) at the time of booking the tour
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- Air-conditioned minibus transportation
- Official English-speaking guide
- Explore Toledo's Muslim, Jewish and Christian neighbourhoods
- Tour in a 4WD truck
- Tasting session of wines from La Mancha and Iberian ham products including acorn-reared ham, chorizo, Manchega sheep’s cheese and extra-virgin olive oil, etc.
- Entry to the Cathedral of Toledo
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick up or transfer
- Food or beverages unless specified.
- Entry to the San Ildefonso Church tower
- Available: Daily* (*) From 02/01/20 to 27/03/20: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Duration: 7h30
- Departure: 09:00am
- Languages: Bilingual tour: English & Spanish
- Cancellation: 24 hours free of charge. Less than 24 hours or No Show 100%
Share your happy moments with us #WExperience