Montserrat from Barcelona: Monastery visit, trekking and lunch
- A 7.5 hour guided visit of Montserrat. An expert guide to ensure top quality service and the best destination knowledge
- Private Transport and bilingual specialized mountain guide
- The splendour Visit of the Montserrat Abbey
- Great views from the Aeri Cable Car and Sant Joan funicular
- One hour and forty five minutes of trekking in the Natural Park of Montserrat to have the best scenic views
- Lunch at the Masía Farmhouse, under the Montserrat mountain
- Premium Small Group for a personalized experience
89 € per person
The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain, topped by a Benedictine Monastery. Montserrat is an ideal trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona.
Visit Montserrat from Barcelona
Board the Aeri Cable Car to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed of unique needle-shape formations. The whimsical shapes of the most emblematic mountain of Catalonia are the result of a geological and geomorphological process of millions of years.
Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 150 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed), who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years.
The Sant Joan funicular offers an impressive panoramic view of the Montserrat mountain, from a height of 1,000 meters above sea level. From the viewpoint you can enjoy unparalleled views.
Once you have been impressed with the visit to the interior of the monastery, you will start a moderate trekking down to reach the Masia Farmhouse with the best specialized guide
During the descent, if you look closely you can find among the most characteristic fauna of the area wild boars and goats like mammals easier to see and the Bonelli eagles and the real owls like showy birds, although of nocturnal habits. The salamander, the common toad, the jay, the hawk, the snake and the bat, among other faunistic elements, complement the ecology of the mountain.
After that, once in Farmhouse you will have a lunch from farm to table based in a delicious 3-course menu; first course salad, second course combination of barbecue (vegetarian and halal option) and dessert with stunning views. In August the restaurant will not be the usual, but you will be able to appreciate the views of Montserrat.
After this full day of adventures you will return to the center of Barcelona by private transport.
- Premium Small Groups: maximum 15 people
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. In case of not reaching the minimum of participants, tour will be rescheduled
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
- Not suitable for people who suffer knee pain
- Mountain technical clothing and shoes (not recommended sneakers)
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue
- Lunch will be done in Spanish time slot (2:30 PM approx)
- A 7.5 hour guided visit of Montserrat. An expert guide to ensure top quality service and the best destination knowledge.
- Private Transport
- Bilingual Guide
- Tickets for Aeri of Montserrat (Cable car)
- Visit of the Montserrat Abbey
- One hour and forty five minutes of moderate trekking
- Lunch at Masia Farmhouse: 3 course menu + dessert. Drinks included.
- Premium Small Group
- Tips (optional)
- Food or beverages unless specified
- Hotel pick up or transfer
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 7h30m
- Departure: 08.30am
- Languages: English and Spanish
Share your happy moments with us #WExperience